Due to health concerns from Covid-19 and the safety of Fair participants, the Lexington Community Fair Board has decided to cancel this year's Fair.
We're keeping community spirit alive with some great Fair-related activities for you to participate in while being able to maintain your social distance. We've renamed this year's event
STARS & CARS
Our fantastic car show will go on, August 22. Here's your chance to show your ride for awards and a 50/50 raffle.
Or, just come look while maintaining social distancing. It's FREE and it's FUN!
Decorated Star Contest
Your chance to GET CREATIVE! Pick up a wooden star at Nerd's Hardware, then decorate it to let your community spirit SHINE!
Your star will be displayed on a downtown light pole - and voted on by others...with cash prizes for the best. It's fun, and Lexington's creativity will light up our downtown during these challenging times! Contest rules and downloadable entry form below.
Duck Dash at The Elks
Adopt a duck and you could win cash prizes! Download the entry form to enter. Come join in on the fun but you do not need to be present to win!
Cardboard Boat Races at The Elks
Get creative and design your cardboard floatable boat entry! Cash prizes for various categories. Download the entry form to enter, follow the simple entry rules below, then race to the finish line. Good Luck!
1) Boats must be pre-built and can be “fine-tuned” on-site.
2) Boats must be made ONLY of cardboard and duct tape. NO reinforced cardboard tubes, only broken – down cardboard boxes. No industrial type of cardboard is allowed.
3) Cardboard cannot be sealed with any paint or sealants. Absolutely NO use of the following items: Paint, Tarbased substances, two-part varnishes, fiberglass resin, epoxy glue, any other two-part substances, or corrugated cardboard that's bonded to any material.
4) Duct tape may be of varying colors for creativity but must have come manufactured in said color.
5) Boats may be a maximum width of 60” (5 ft) and a maximum length of 84” (7ft).
6) Boats must be propelled by the use or paddle. Paddles must meet the same construction requirements boats (cardboard and duct tape only). Pool noodles may also be used as oars.
7) The use of any prohibited boat or paddle construction items will result in disqualification.
8) NO surfboard style boat is allowed.
9) Unique boat designs and creativity is encouraged. Crew costumes are encouraged.
10) Your boat must be free of sharp edges, pointy objects or anything else that could cause injuries.